Guide to Building a GPU Mining Rig – Crypto Coin Mining Rigs

Discussion in 'Altcoin General Discussion' started by Admin, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG][/url][/IMG] [​IMG]

Building a 6 GPU Ethereum mining rig is a fun project and a great source of passive income. This guide will help you find and assemble the best Ethereum mining hardware to build your very own Ethereum mining rig. Assembly time is about 3 hours.

As of the date this guide was updated, a 6 GPU mining rig should generate about $460/mo in Ether, the second most popular digital currency. Profitability varies of course, based on mining difficulty and the current market value of the crypto currency you choose to mine with your rig.

6 GPU Ethereum Mining Rig Hardware Build List
    Listed below are the components you will need to assemble your GPU mining rig.

[​IMG]

1x Power Supply1000 Watt Power Supply – The key here is to have an efficient 1000 watt power supply that will save you over the long run in electricity costs. Look for Gold or Platinum rated (as opposed to silver or bronze). This is the industry standard for rating the efficiency of a computer’s power supply unit (PSU).

1x Motherboard/CPU Combination – What is the best motherboard for mining Ethereum? I’ve listed below my favorite motherboard and processor combo that is compatible with 6 video cards. This is the ethereum mining motherboard that is used in large scale mining deployments. If the pros use it, you know it’s good.

If the motherboard listed above is out of stock or difficult to find, these motherboards will work equally well with the Intel G3900 Skylake processor:

6x Graphics Cards Nvidia GTX 1070The very efficient Nvidia GTX 1070 can produce a hash rate of 30Mh/s using only 100 watts of electricity and is the best GPU for mining in 2017. It is much more power efficient than most of the AMD cards available on the market. My favorite model of this GPU is the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Windforce OC (model # GV-N1070WF2OC-8GD). It has a twin fan design and seems to run cooler than most of the other 1070 models I’ve tested, so I put this card in all the rigs I build currently. If that specific model is unavailable, any of the twin fan overclocked Gigabyte or EVGA cards work great out of the box. You can also check eBay or find other recommended mining GPU’s in my mining GPU comparison guide.

[​IMG]

1x RAM (System Memory)4 GB RAM – You don’t need a lot of system memory to mine ethereum effectively. 4GB is about as small as a stick of RAM comes these days, so I recommend just picking up a cheap one as long as it is DDR 4 desktop memory.

6x USB Riser CablesUSB Riser Cables – These are to connect the 6 graphics cards to the motherboard and allow spacing between cards for heat dissipation. These are necessary when building a rig with this many GPU’s.

1x Hard Drive (SSD)Solid State Drive for installing operating system and your mining software.

For Full Details click this link. Coinmining

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member